The Luxe Book Review

"The Luxe" by Anna Godbersen. Love a good scandal? Do you love "Gossip Girl" ? Then you will absoltely love this book. This book blends in with Jane Austen's times. A twist of both Austen and Gossip Girl. The Luxe takes place in the late 1890's. Where gorgoues, volumes of dresses galore, lady-like manners is essential, natural good looks are admired, money and class is a factor of being well-known, and gossip is a favorite topic amongst elite New Yorkers. The Luxe follows the lives of five individuals whose lives are entertwined. As the lives of New York’s elite become more and more tangled, you’ll be unable to put the book down. Anna Godbersen writes a novel tremendously rich that it would be as if she lived during the nineteenth century. It was as if she were one of those elite figures. The books is amazing. Anna Godbersen's characters are very dynamic that I was fully incapable of putting the book down once I flipped through the first page. I definetly recommend that you read this book. Now here comes the chatter about the book covers. Personally, I couldn't think of a better Elizabeth Holland than the one modeling on the book cover. The Victorian dresses are extremely gorgoues and breath taking. I love how the dress skirt folds in volumous folds of pink fabric. If I could, I wear the dress myself. No matter how old it is. I believe the font used for the book is ITC Edwardian Script.


0 comments: